Maybe you’ve got a difficult eater at home or you feel like trying something new. Today, we’ve got some inspiration for you! And the name already tells what it’s about, this is a spaghetti of Zucchini. Ideal for some variety or for the difficult (vegetable) eater!
Zucchetti is super easy to make, so ideal for the busy urban mom. Zucchetti strings only need to be cooked briefly. So it is also faster than cooking pasta (where cooking takes about 10 minutes). After you made the pasta, you can add for example some Bolognese sauce. Of course you’re even faster if you eat the pasta like a raw salad, so the zucchini keeps its crunch.
You only need a Julienne grater or a spiral cutter
You can make the thin strings with a Julienne grater or a spiral cutter. By using the grater you can cut thin strings of vegetables and the spiral cutter makes it easy to make long curly strings. Of course you want extra long thin strings, such as spaghetti. But which tool you use is your choice.
- A Julienne grater or spiral cutter
- A wok, steel- or deep pan
Ingredients for two persons
- 1 zucchini
- Pasta sauce (fresh)
- Wash the zucchini well and make long strings with the Julienne grater or the spiral cutter. Put in the meantime the pasta sauce on the stove to heat it.
- Or Wok: Sprinkle some salt on the pasta. This salt taps a little moisture out of the zucchini and that works better for cooking in a wok. Then you put the strings for a short time in the wok and cook it on high. The zucchini is better when it has a little bite (just like pasta a la dente). Even 1 minute in the pan may already be enough. Of course, you can also add ingredients or sauce.
- Or Bake: Put some oil in the pan and add the zucchini strings to the pan. Bake them for about 2 to 3 minutes. You want to keep the crispness of courgette, so don’t let the pasta for too long on the fire. Of course you can also make a pan with ingredients or a small amount of sauce and heat this all together with the pasta, so your dish is even faster ready.
- Or Cook: Place the strings in a pan with boiling water for about 2 minutes. And let the zucchetti grain in a sieve.
- If you haven’t already add the sauce, your sauce might also be ready right now. You divide the pasta over the plates and scoop the sauce over the pasta. You can also add some Parmesan cheese, if you like!
Super easy, tasty and healthy. Enjoy your meal!