What could be more fun than making a delicious breakfast for dad on Father’s day. You can prepare and serve this in bed with the kids. Or you can make some more for the whole family of course!
Breakfast cups (6 pieces) out of the oven
Toast with bacon and eggs, but then a little bit different. The same ingredients for delicious breakfast cups out of the oven and it is super easy to make.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (unsalted)
- 8 slices of white bread/light brown bread (or sandwich bread)
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- If desired grated cheese
- A rolling pin
- Muffin tin (6, 8 or 12 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius (375 degrees Fahrenheit). And butter the muffin cups.
- Bake the bacon in the pan until crispy.
- Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin or with your hands. Put a big glass (that fits entirely) on the flat bread. Cut the bread along the edge of the cup to a circle shape. Cut this circle in two. Then push it into the muffincups, so the sides and a part of the bottom are covered. You can put the leftover bread (no crust) at the bottom of the muffin pan to form a whole cup of bread. And push this bread as well into shape.
- Cover the pieces of bread with melted butter.
- Put, if desired, some grated cheese in the middel of each muffin cup. Then you put a slice of crispy bacon into the same cups.
- After that, you add a raw egg to each muffin cup. If the egg comes over the edge of the muffin cup, you can wipe away the excess egg with a paper towel, so you can take the breakfast cup easily out of the tin after baking.
- Sprinkle over each cup some salt and pepper and put the breakfast cups in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 190 degrees Celsius (375 degrees Fahrenheit), so the egg can be well cooked.
- Remove the breakfast cups from the muffin cups with a knife and serve them right away.
These pancakes are quick and easy to make. And you only need 3 ingredients!
- 2 eggs
- 1,5 ripe bananas
- A pinch baking powder
- If desired some blue berries and maple syrup.
Mix all the ingredients in a blender till it’s a flat batter. And scoop the batter with a spoon into the pan.
If you don’t have a blender, you can follow these instructions:
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl and add the baking powder. Stir it all together till it’s well mixed.
- Mash the bananas with a fork in another bowl. This doesn’t have to be perfect, because the pieces of soft banana ensure a fluffy pancake.
- Add the mashed banana along with the batter from the other bowl and mix it well together. At this step, you can also add some blueberries if you like.
- You bake the mini pancakes in a pan. For each pancake, you use 1 or 2 tablespoons batter and make a nice round shape. You can flip the pancakes over when the baking powder has risen the pancake. The pancakes are done when the they’re golden brown of color.
Serve the pancakes and the breakfast cups together when they’re still warm in combination with a glass fresh orange juice (en don’t forget the present). Enjoy!