You probably know the feeling, craving for a sweet treat, but you don’t have a snack in the pantry or don’t feel like cooking or baking something. With the recipe below, you can have an easy snack in no time.
The only thing you need are 2 (large) mugs and a microwave. And probably, you already have the ingredients at home!
Nutella Mug Cake
This cake is ready in a minute without much effort. You really should remember this one! A delicious snack for when you and/or the kids crave something sweet.
Ingrediënts for 2 mug cakes:
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 (lightly) beaten egg
- If desired some whipped cream
- Mix the sugar, cocoa, milk, oil, Nutella, self-rising flour and the egg together in a large mug (because the mug can overflow). Are you pregnant? The egg solidifies by heating it above 70 degrees Celsius. This also ensures that harmful bacteria are killed, so you can safely eat the mug cake.
- Whisk the ingredients together until a smooth batter. Divide the batter over two mugs.
- Then, you can put the mugs one by one in the microwave for 1.5 – 2.5 minutes (the time may vary per microwave).
- When the cake has risen enough and really feels like a cake, you can take the mugs out of the microwave. After taking the mugs out of the microwave, you can check with a skewer if the mug cake is cooked.
- Add, when desired, a puff of whipped cream to your mug cake.
And it’s done, enjoy your cake! Tip: Eat the cake right away, because otherwise it will get hard and dry.