Sometimes, it is also nice to go on a trip without the kids. Barcelona is then a must-visit. The following places, are places you should visit. Barcelona is not only known for its art (such as the art of Gaudí) and football, but also for its diversity. This city offers art, culture, shops, beach and good food.
Must-see El Born, Montjuïc and Tibidabo
When you’re going to Barcelona, the fixed sights, such as Sagrada Famillia and Camp Nou, should not be missed during your tour. When you’ve already been there, you can skip these numbers, of course. But to explore the real Barcelona, you have to see Parc de la Ciutadella and the Arc de Triomf (Yes, you read that right, Spain has 1 as well!) and from there you can easily walk to the neighbourhood El Born. Where you can find nice bars at Passeig del Born, such as Creps al Born for the crepes and Bar Nueve for the cocktails. Of course, you can also walk around in this district along the many (bohemian style) boutiques.
A walk across the Monjuïc hill and a trip to the Tibidabo mountain is also highly recommended for a nice view over Barca.
Must-eat in Barceloneta & L’Eixample
Of course, you have to visit La Rambla, but limit your visit for like 15 minutes. The restaurants not situated on this long street are better suited for eating and drinking, because the prices are much lower over there.
That’s why you should bring a visit to MakaMaka Beach Burger Café, in the old fishing neighbourhood. Where you can get the most delicious (and special) burgers and cocktails with classic fries of fries with parmesan cheese and garlic. In the same neighbourhood, you can find Juanita LaLa for delicious nachos.
During the day, you can visit Brunch & Cake for breakfast or brunch. After that you can finish the day, if you’re a real tapas lover, at El Nacional and Cachitos. After midnight, Cachitos changes into a bar dancing.
You can find the addresses here:
- Camp Nou, C. Aristides Maillol 12, 08028 Barcelona
- Sagrada Familia, Carrer de Mallorca 401, 08013 Barcelona
- Parc de la Ciutadella, Passeig de Picasso 21, 08003 Barcelona
- Arc de Triomf, Passeig Lluís Companys, 8018 Barcelona
- Creps al Born, Passeig del Born 12, 08003 Barcelona
- Bar Nueve, Carrer Vidrieria 9, 08003 Barcelona
- Montjuïc hill, Carretera de Montjuïc 66, 08083 Barcelona
- Tibidabo mountain, PLaca del Tibidabo I Sarrià, Sant Gervasi & Tibidabo, 08035 Barcelona
- MakaMaka Beach Burger Café, Passeig Don Joan Borbó Comte Barcelona 76, 08039 Barcelona
- Juanita LaLa, Placa Pau Villa 1, 08039 Barcelona
- Brunch & Cake, Carrer d’Enric Granados 19, 08007 Barcelona
- El Nacional BCN, Passeig de Gàrcia 24, 08007 Barcelona
- Cachitos, Rambla de Catalunya 33, 08007 Barcelona